Sea salt soaks should be performed on new, recently stretched, or infected belly piercings. They can be done in or out of the shower.
Steps for sea salt soaking your piercing:
- Fill a cup with warm water.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Stir continuously until the sea salt dissolves.
- Soak a cotton ball in the solution and squeeze the fluid from the cotton ball so it runs over your piercing.
- Continue for approximately 5 minutes.
- Thoroughly dry your piercing and jewellery.
Disclaimer: This information is provided for your convenience only, Tummy Toys assumes no responsibility for infections or complications caused by cleaning your navel piercing. Please ensure you use good hygiene at all times when handling your piercing. If problems persist you should always seek advice from either your piercer or a GP.